Generic Rulide is used to treat infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria. Infections such as; acute pharyngitis (sore throat and discomfort when swallowing), tonsillitis, sinusitis, acute bronchitis (infection of the bronchi causing coughing), pneumonia (lung infection characterized by fever, malaise, headache), skin and soft tissue infections, non gonoccocal urethritis, impetigo (bacterial infection causing sores on the skin).
Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
Generic Rulide works best if you take it on an empty stomach.
The recommended adult dosage is 300mg per day, which may be taken according to one of the following alternative dosage regimens:
· One 300mg tablet once a day, or
· one 150mg tablet twice a day, or
· two 150mg tablets once a day.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Generic Rulide.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following:
oral thrush, furry, sore tongue and mouth, vaginal thrush, sore and itchy vagina and/or discharge, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, flatulence, loss of appetite, red and/or itchy skin, headache, dizziness, ringing in the ears, tiredness, altered taste.
These are mild side effects of this medicine and usually short-lived.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you notice any of the following, particularly if they occur several weeks after stopping treatment with roxithromycin: Severe abdominal cramps or stomach cramps, watery and severe diarrhea, which may also be bloody, fever, in combination with one or both of the above.
Be cautious when Driving and Using Machines. Attention should be drawn to the possibility of dizzy sensations.
Safety of the fetus has not been established during pregnancy. However, studies in several animal species have not shown any teratogenic or foetotoxic action with doses up to 200mg/kg/day, or 40 times the human therapeutic dose.
Small amounts of Generic Rulide are excreted in human breast milk (less than 0.05% of the dose ingested). Breast feeding or treatment of the mother should be stopped if required.
Some medicines may interfere with the absorption of Generic Rulide. These include:
- theophylline (Neulin, Austyn, Theo-dur),
- a medicine used to treat asthma
- some medicines for migraine headache such as ergotamine (Migral, Ergodryl, Cafergot) or dihydroergotamine (Dihydergot tablets)
- disopyramide (Rythmodan), a medicine to treat irregular heart rhythms
- terfenadine (Teldane) and astemizole (Hismanal),
- over the counter medicines used to treat allergies
- warfarin (Coumadin, Marevan),
- a medicine used to prevent blood clots
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Sigmaxin), a medicine used to treat heart failure
- midazolam (Hypnovel, Midazolam Sandoz), used to induce sleep before operations
- cyclosporin (Neoral, Cicoral, Cysporin, Sandimmun),
- a medicine used to prevent organ transplant rejection or to treat certain problems with the immune system ·
- cisapride (Prepulsid), a medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems · pimozide (Orap),
- an antipsychotic medicine These medicines may be affected by roxithromycin, or may affect how well it works.
Your doctor or pharmacist has more information on medicines to be careful with or to avoid while taking Generic Rulide.
If you miss a dose, take as soon as remembered; do not take if it is almost time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (between 15 and 30 degrees C) away from moisture and sunlight. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.