Tadalis tablets 20mg (generic Cialis) contain tadalafil, which acts on the erectile tissue of the penis to increase blood flow to cause an erection. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) breaks down cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. Tadalis tablets 20mg inhibit the action of PDE5 which resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining an erection.
The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day. Tadalis may be taken between 30 minutes and 36 hours prior to anticipated sexual activity. Patients may initiate sexual activity at varying time points relative to dosing in order to determine their own optimal window of responsiveness.
The maximum recommended dose of Tadalis is 20 mg, taken prior to anticipated sexual activity. The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day. Tadalis may be taken between 30 minutes and 36 hours prior to anticipated sexual activity. Patients may initiate sexual activity at varying time points relative to dosing in order to determine their own optimal window of responsiveness. Tadalis may be taken without regard to food.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Tadalis tablets 20mg include, headache, dizziness or light-headedness, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia (heartburn), nausea. Less common side effects include, visual disturbance, increased tear formation causing watery eyes, changes in blood pressure (hypo and hypertension), sleepiness, dyspnoea (shortness of breath), pain (in the back joints, abdomen).
You should not use Tadalis tablets 20mg if you:
- are allergic to tadalafil or any ingredient in Tadalis tablets 20mg
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have liver or kidney disease
- have a condition where sexual intercourse is inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision, or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- drink large amounts of alcohol or grapefruit juice
- are taking medication that may interact with Tadalis or may increase your risk for side-effects, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), antifungals like itraconazole or ketaconazole, non-selective alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, nitrates such as glyceryl trinitrate for angina and other heart conditions
Several medications interact with Tadalis and should either not be taken while you are taking product name or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that affect Tadalis: antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, antifungals like itraconazole or ketaconazole,
- Drugs that are affected by Tadalis: non-selective alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, nitrates such as glyceryl trinitrate for angina and other heart conditions
You should only take a Tadalis tablets 20mg when you plan to have sex; it is not intended as a regular medication at this dose.
You should keep your Tadalis tablets 20mg in their blister pack until used and store in a cool, dry place where the temperature stays below 30°C.